Gordon is a distinguished professor in the Departments of Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics and Medicine at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario. He is known for his work on evidence-based medicine, a term that he also coined. Gordon has published more than 1,000 peer-reviewed articles, including more than 140 in the leading journals of medicine (NEJM, Lancet, BMJ, JAMA, PLoS Med and Ann Intern Med), and his work has been cited more than 75,000 times. Gordon was named to the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame on October 9, 2015. In his spare time, Gordon is an avid mountain biker and supporter of the New Democratic Party.
Read more about how Gordon coined the term “evidence-based medicine”.
Selected (representative) publications
- Moher, D; Liberati, A; Tetzlaff, et al. Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses: The PRISMA Statement. Plos Medicine, Volume: 6, Issue: 7, Published JUL 2009. Cited 2172 times.
- Guyatt, GH.; Oxman, AD.; Vist, GE et al. GRADE: an emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendations. British Medical Journal, Volume 336, Issue 7650, Pages 924-926, Published Apr 26 2008. Cited 2051 times.
- Moher, David; Liberati, Alessandro; Tetzlaff, Jennifer; et al. Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses: The PRISMA Statement Annals of Internal Medicine, Volume 151, Issue 4, Pages 264-W64, Published Aug 18 2009. Cited 1926 times.
- Guyatt, GH; Feeny, DH; Patrick DL. Measuring Health-Related Quality-of-Life. Annals of Internal Medicine, Volume: 118, Issue: 8, Pages: 622-629, Published Apr 15 1993. Cited 1863 times.
- Jaeschke, R; Singer, J; Guyatt, GH. Measurement of Health-Status – Ascertaining the minimal Clinically Important Difference. Controlled Clinical Trials Volume: 10, Issue: 4, Pages 407-415, Publish Dec 1989. Cited 1651 times.
- Atkins, D; Best, D; Briss, PA; et al. GRADE Working Group. Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations.. British Medical Journal, Volume: 328, Issue 7454, Pages 1490-1494, Published Jun 19 2004. Cited 1630 times.
- Moher, D; Liberti, A; Tetzlaff, J; et al. PRISMA Group. Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement. BMJ-British Medical Journal, Volume 339, Article Number b2535, Published JUL 21 2009. Cited 1570 times